|Take the Bead Challenge!!
|How does it work?
- A limited number of kits (~ seven) are created with a special focus in mind.
- Kits are sold for about five days. Kit prices vary depending on materials
selected. At least three entries must be received for judging to be held.
- Entries must be original designs.
- Majority of bead elements must be used (for example, five of six beads in
our Fall challenge, this varies). More of any of the bead kit elements can be
added (if available).
- Up to two additional elements can be added, this does not include the
clasp, wire, findings, crimps, crimp covers, wire guards, and jump rings. If
unsure, please ask for clarification.
- Participants get about 2 weeks to create their designs. The submission
date is not flexible.
- Entries are displayed in the store for about 2 weeks, usually over a special
event or holiday for maximum exposure.
- Entries are judged by a team comprised of store employees, instructors
and local merchants.
- Results are announced and posted on our website, Facebook page and
- Winning artist receives a $25 store gift certificate.
- Store employees and instructors are not eligible to participate.
- Ratings will be based on the amount of kit used, originality, workmanship,
- Previous winners can participate but will not be considered for the gift
certificate for two cycles. For example, the fall winner can participate in
Spring and Summer but cannot “win” those challenges.
|Click picture to see Challenge results
Theme: Red, White & Blue
What is the Bead Challenge?
It is event designed to challenge beaders, jewelry makers, and artists'
creativity and skills by creating jewelry using a specially selected packet of
materials and some basic guidelines.
Why should I take the challenge?
- Helps jump start or exercise your creative side.
- The Bead Challenge is a great way to get out of your creative box. You
may find a challenge with the beads, colors or other materials, since they
are not what you may normally pick.
Theme: Opposites Attract
Theme: Out of the Box
|Spring 2013 "My Beading Heart" Challenge.
|310 Mill Street Suite E
Occoquan, VA 22125
Tue - Sat 11am - 6pm
Sun 12pm - 5pm
11am - 7pm
Theme: Challenge of the
Theme: Toes in the Sand
Theme: Season's Change
Congratulations the winner Michelle
Mcdonald for "My Heart's Desire"
|Click here to see
details for the Spring